What a competition to welcome the iconic right hand South African point break back on tour, I am not even sure where to begin.
Let me just highlight a few things that happened :
- Kelly Slater out in Round 3 to Matt Wilkinson
- Jordy Smith out in Round 3 to C J Hobgood
- Tom Curren beat Occy with a perfect 10 point ride
- Finals day was 8 - 10 ft solid J Bay.
- All Australian Semi Finals
- Joel vs Mick Final.
The title race is now looking even more open with a lot of different factors coming into play and looks like it will go down to the wire, the next event is the Billabong Pro Teahupoo in Tahiti on the 15th August, be sure to catch it on http://www.aspworldtour.com