Surfing in France is pretty much as simple as it gets, get up have a croissant and espresso, scoot to the beach, off-shore, paddle out, get barrelled all morning, come home, big breakfast, quick nap, go and hunt some on-shore ramps, fall asleep on the beach, wake up, head home for a quick beer, straight into dinner, wine, crawl to bed, repeat above.
- What's the swell like ? Pretty much always swell, very few flat spots.
- What's the water temp like ? goes from December - March 4/3 booties, 3/2 from April - June, July - October just boardies.
- What's the wind like ? Off-shore in the morning, on-shore in the arvo, possible evening glass. clockwork.
- What's the food like ? Awesome.
- What is shopping like? All surf brands plus outlet shops, mazing.
- Do you need a car ? Only if you cant ride a bike with a surf rack.
- When is the best time to come ? Well March - May no crowds, not as cold as the North Sea. June - November warmer water. July - September can be crowded but fun holiday party atmosphere.